What is the Central Register of Economic Activities?
The exact name is the Central Register and Information on Economic Activity - in practice it is more often used under the abbreviation CEIDG. What is the business register and who is covered by it?
What is a business activity register?
CEIDG is a list of all entrepreneurs who are natural persons and operate in Poland. The register of economic activities has been kept since 1 July 2011 in the ICT system by the minister responsible for economy. The census is based on the provisions of the Freedom of Economic Activity Act.
Information collected in CEIDG
Due to the fact that the register of business activities is kept in the ICT system, it allows you to shorten the time needed to register a business and save money. Entry in the register can be made free of charge via the Internet. It may concern:
- business establishment,
- data update,
- suspension of activities,
- resuming operations,
- liquidation of activities,
so all areas related to running a business by a natural person.
The CEIDG contains all information on sole proprietorships and civil partnerships of natural persons conducted in the country. In addition to basic company data, the list also includes information about concessions, licenses and permits held by a specific entrepreneur.
What is entered in the CEIDG?
Pursuant to the Act on the freedom of economic activity, entry in CEIDG is subject to:
- the entrepreneur's company and its PESEL number, if it has one;
- entrepreneur's date of birth;
- REGON identification number of the entrepreneur, if he has one;
- tax identification number (NIP);
- information on the Polish citizenship of the entrepreneur, if he has such, and other citizenship of the entrepreneur;
- designation of the place of residence and address of the entrepreneur, the address for service of the entrepreneur and the addresses at which the economic activity is performed, including the address of the main place of business and the branch, if it has been established; these data conform to the code markings adopted in the national official register of the territorial division of the country, if possible;
- e-mail address of the entrepreneur and his website, if the entrepreneur has such and reported this information in the application for entry in the CEIDG;
- date of commencement of economic activity;
- determination of the objects of economic activity, in accordance with the Polish Classification of Activities (PKD);
- information on the existence or termination of matrimonial property;
- tax identification number (NIP) and REGON identification number of civil partnerships, if the entrepreneur has concluded contracts of such companies;
- details of the attorney authorized to conduct the entrepreneur's affairs, along with an indication of the scope of matters covered by the power of attorney, provided that the entrepreneur has granted a power of attorney and reported information about it in the application for entry in the CEIDG;
- information on the suspension and resumption of business activity;
- information on the limitation or loss of legal capacity and the establishment of guardianship or guardianship;
- information on the declaration of bankruptcy with the possibility of an arrangement, on the declaration of bankruptcy including the liquidation of the debtor's assets, change of the decision on declaration of bankruptcy with the possibility of an arrangement to the decision on declaration of bankruptcy including the liquidation of the debtor's assets and termination of the proceedings;
- information about the initiation of reorganization proceedings;
- information on the transformation of an entrepreneur who is a natural person performing business activity on his own behalf into a sole proprietorship company;
- information about the prohibition of business activity;
- information about the prohibition of performing a specific profession, the pursuit of which by the entrepreneur is subject to entry in the CEIDG;
- information about the prohibition of activities related to the upbringing, treatment, education or care of minors;
- information on the deletion of the entry in CEIDG.
Start a free 30-day trial period with no strings attached!
Disclosure of information contained in CEIDG
The register of economic activities publishes basic data about entrepreneurs, making their database available via the website. This information is therefore public and everyone has access to it free of charge. The database of entrepreneurs is often used to download a certificate of entry:
Art. 38 sec. 4 of the Act of July 2, 2004 on the freedom of economic activity
Certificates of entry in the CEIDG regarding entrepreneurs who are natural persons in the scope of open data referred to in art. 25 sec. 1, are in the form of an electronic document or a printout from the CEIDG website.
General access to data also allows you to check the credibility of a given company. Knowing the NIP number, which is the entrepreneur's identification number in the register, you can check in the CEIDG database whether a given company really exists.
The main tasks of CEIDG
The Central Register and Information on Economic Activity is mainly aimed at:
- keeping records of entrepreneurs - natural persons in the ICT system;
- providing information about entrepreneurs and other entities in the scope indicated in the Act on the freedom of economic activity;
- enabling access to data provided free of charge by the Central Information Office of the National Court Register;
- making it possible to determine the date and scope of changes to entries in CEIDG and the authority introducing them.