E-business - start to a better future at your fingertips
Even in the mid-twentieth century, people had no idea that there would be the possibility of remote contact via other than traditional post office or landline telephone. Meanwhile, the Internet suddenly emerged from the depths of rapidly advancing technology and revolutionized human life. Bell seems to fall in his grave as he sees what is happening with his patented invention. Well, the clichéd telephone is slowly becoming a thing of the past, being replaced by mobile phones and computer programs such as Skype. In fact, traditional mail is slowly becoming redundant, and fewer and fewer people use its services. And although, perhaps, it will never become a thing of the past, there has certainly been a significant drop in customers over the past dozen or so years, who, before the advent of the Internet, sent good old handwritten letters this way. Nowadays, it is enough to turn on the computer, launch the instant messenger and in this much faster way to contact the rest of the public. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that the Internet today is not only used for communication. And we will not exaggerate if we recognize that everything is there, because what does not exist on the Web does not really exist. Currently, a company that has no counterpart on the Internet is not taken seriously. Therefore, nowadays e-business has become extremely popular. The network provides entrepreneurs with the fastest possible data flow, and direct and immediate access to information is one of the most important aspects of business.
Unfortunately, many people still do not appreciate the benefits of online business. For some, it is obvious that exists somewhere nearby, and in fact such people do not really have a clue what he actually is, they do not know anything about its history and types. In fact, even some entrepreneurs taking advantage of its possibilities are not aware of it. And yet, before moving your company to the virtual world, it is worth knowing the definition, structure and options of e-business. This ignorance often brings laymen to the ground, because it's almost like using a hair dryer for the first time, as if you know what it is for, but you no longer realize the consequences it entails, e.g. moving the hair dryer as close to your head as possible. Well, imagine that without proper knowledge of e-business, you can also get burned.
E-business - what is it?
Street interview respondents when asked: "What is e-business?", The most frequent answer was that it was simply an "Internet company". However, when asked for more details, they refused to answer. Avoiding a matter-of-fact response may be partially ignorant or simply not needing to go into detail. But it can also result from the breadth, general and divergence of the concept of e-business itself. For some, e-business covers all the activities performed on the computer, starting with entering text into an editor and ending with using a calculator. Others, on the other hand, limit e-business to its online aspect only.
Nevertheless, e-business is a form of business that is based on broadly understood ICT solutions, mainly based on Internet applications, i.e. simplifying the matter - in fact, it is simply a company operating partially or entirely on the Web. However, it should be noted that e-business is not only an electronic transaction, but also all the processes that led to it. The changed functioning in the Internet consists mainly in:
- fast data flow (i.e. information exchange, document transfer, etc.) between business owners, distributors, producers, customers, etc .;
- concluding agreements / contracts;
- acquiring new contacts and information, e.g. about potential customers, competition and current market research;
- immediate and almost direct contact with contractors, clients or employees via teleconferences, e-mail, instant messaging, etc.
How e-business was shaped - history
Once upon a time, in a time when the popularity of e-business resembled the popularity of the city of Gzy, this secret knowledge was available only to the chosen few - the world's largest corporations. And it all started with EDI, i.e. electronic data interchange. Theoretically, computers were used for the first time to transmit all sorts of information within the company in the 1960s, when the ERMA banking system reduced the number of employees dealing with one project. On the other hand, in the 1970s and 1980s, there was a possibility of contact between different companies.
In turn, the very concept of electronic business was introduced by IBM in 1995.
Forms taken by e-business
- Dependent on the relationship between entities:
- Intranet - intra-business consists in electronic implementation of internal business processes within a given enterprise.
- B2B - business-to-business is the implementation of business processes between two companies concerning not only concluding transactions, but also searching for partners, building a network of suppliers and recipients, etc.
- B2C - business-to-consumer is the execution of transactions between the company and the consumer.
- C2C - consumer-to-consumer is a business relationship between end consumers.
- C2B - consumer-to-business is a business relationship between a consumer and a company.
- B2P - business-to-public - is mainly a relationship between a company and the surrounding society.
- A2B - application-to-business is a specific form of business relationship, which consists in renting computer programs or services to another company via the Internet by one company.
- G2B - government-to-business is the relationship between public institutions and the economy / business.
- G2C - government-to-citizen is a relationship between public institutions and the citizen.
- Dependent on its functions:
- The simplest, i.e. electronic website, which mainly consists in promoting your own business and marking its existence on the Internet.
- Related to various types of trade:
- Internet shops;
- electronic shopping centers combining various online stores, and thus common payment methods, joint deliveries, etc .;
- electronic auctions, that is simply auctions resembling traditional ones, but conducted on the Internet, eg Allegro, e-Bay;
- electronic procurement, i.e. supplying the company with necessary goods or services via the Internet.
- Offering various types of services with a high level of trust, e.g. online payment platforms, e-accounting, online banks, etc.
- Collaboration platform - one company provides other companies with tools and IT environment so that they can collaborate on this platform.
- Infobrokering, i.e. a specific type of brokerage. Companies are looking for specific business information on behalf of other entrepreneurs.
- Virtual press, i.e. all kinds of Internet information or thematic portals, which often mediate the flow of information.
- Virtual communities - for one it is business in the strict sense, such as for the creators of Nasz-Class or Facebook, and for others it is a place for joint integration, e.g. companies with the same profile, it is also a way to conclude partnership agreements, contracts, search contacts, advertising, etc.
The above-mentioned forms of business are only a few of the existing ones, and with the current pace of development, their number will certainly increase in the next few years. E-business is certainly the future of the economy, because it is already difficult for entrepreneurs to function without it. Therefore, those who do not have their internet counterpart yet, better let them quickly invest in it. Currently, it is also the best start for young enterprises that are just entering the business world, because it is here that they will promote themselves most quickly and effectively.