How to get a settlement voucher?


A settlement voucher is a form of support for the unemployed, which is to help them improve their own life situation. It is awarded in connection with taking up work or business activity outside the place of residence. Read what conditions must be met in order to get an settlement voucher.

Settlement voucher - conditions of receipt

The settlement voucher is an amount supporting the unemployed in the expenses related to the change of place of residence in order to take up gainful employment. Persons who:

  • are registered as unemployed,
  • are under 30 years of age,
  • they intend to work outside their place of residence.

These persons may be granted a settlement voucher by the starost if:

  • for performing work, the person will receive a salary higher than the national minimum (in 2020 - PLN 2600 gross) and will therefore be subject to social insurance;
  • the distance from the place of previous residence to the place where the unemployed person intends to live in order to start work must be at least 80 km or the travel time to and from the job should exceed 3 hours a day;
  • will be employed for a minimum of 6 months.

The contract is the basis for the payment

A resettlement voucher is awarded only upon the unemployed person's request, which must be submitted to the staroste. The application template can be downloaded from the website of the competent employment office. After a positive consideration of the application, an agreement is signed between the unemployed and the starost. Its consequence is the payment of the residence voucher. It determines the amount of funds that will be granted, and their maximum amount may not exceed 200% of the average remuneration. The contract also specifies how the money will be withdrawn and when it will be paid out.

Obligations related to the settlement voucher

When an unemployed person receives a settlement voucher, he / she is obliged to:

  • provide the poviat labor office with a document confirming employment, other gainful work or business activity, along with a declaration of compliance with the condition relating to the distance from the place of previous residence to the place of work (up to 30 days from the date of receipt of the voucher);
  • documenting employment, other gainful employment or running a business for a period of 6 months (up to 8 months from the date of receipt of the voucher).

Start a free 30-day trial period with no strings attached!

Loss of employment

In the event of loss of employment, other gainful employment or cessation of economic activity, the unemployed person shall, within 7 days, submit to the office a declaration of such fact. If he does not want to lose the right to use the voucher, he should take up a new job. Then, within 7 days of starting a new job, he should provide the office with a declaration of:

  • taking up a new job,
  • meeting the condition of the distance from the place of previous residence to the place of work.

Refund of the amount paid

Failure to comply with some of the obligations will result in the need to return the entire amount received. This is the case for people who did not maintain employment for 6 months or earned less than the national minimum during that period. If, on the other hand, the employee loses employment and takes up a new one, then he must pay the office an amount proportional to the period in which he was unemployed. The employee has 30 days from the date of delivery of the request from the staroste to the return.