Losing weight for busy people in three simple steps
Do you keep putting off weight loss for an undefined "afterward"? Do you want to change something in your figure, but you have no idea how to do it? You don't have time for hours of training and biting into scientific publications? We have something for you. Here's an article that proves that losing weight for busy people can be both simple and effective.
Losing weight for busy people - step one
Revise your eating style. It should be clearly stated here that achieving good results in the long term is possible only with the use of a carefully calculated balanced diet, which we wrote about in more detail in the article: Summer form - facts and myths, however, for the average beginner, even small corrections in the menu will suffice. Eliminating certain foods and changing your general habits can work wonders. Here are some dietary tips that can make losing weight for busy people effective:
- eat 5-6 meals a day every 3-4 hours;
- eliminate products containing sugar and glucose-fructose syrup from the diet;
- less animal fats, more vegetable - the main sources should be nuts, linseed and linseed oil, and olive oil. Good animal fats are in fish and eggs;
- limit the consumption of carbohydrates (preferably with breakfast and lunch), change their sources - put on rice, porridge, cereal, sweet potatoes and vegetables;
- eat vegetables with every meal - limit legumes, eat the rest without limits;
- prepare food for work every evening - thanks to this you will avoid sudden hunger pangs and get rid of the temptation to reach for junk food;
- increase the amount of protein consumed - eggs are an ideal source, it is also worth eating chicken, turkey and fish;
- more water, less coffee. Set aside sweetened drinks completely - you can of course drink the light versions, but remember that they contain a lot of caffeine;
- take care of fiber (but be careful if you have intestinal problems) - you can add wheat bran to your meals;
- eat dinner, don't worry about myths like “I don't eat after 6 pm”. However, do not overload yourself as it will be harder for you to fall asleep.
Losing weight for busy people - step two
Losing fat without proper physical activity is a bad idea. People with more free time need to be recommended strength exercises a few times a week, but since we're discussing slimming for busy people, let's focus on more time-saving solutions. Let us add right away that in this article we will not encourage you to run, which is so fashionable lately, because this "sport" has little effectiveness in burning fat.
In addition, there have been disturbing publications on the dangerous health effects of more extreme forms of jogging - such as marathon or triathlon. Here's another handful of tips:
- try to stay at work as little as possible. Do push-ups and squats in your free time. You can also purchase a mobile bar that can be hung on the door display at any time;
- walk at least 30 minutes a day - do not use a car or public transport. If you have to continue to work, commute by bike;
- If you don't have time to go to the gym, interval training is your best option. You can do it in the form of a run - first warm up for 5 minutes, then 5 intervals consisting of 10 seconds of sprint and 30 seconds of jogging. The number and form of intervals can of course be adapted to your own abilities and increased with the development of efficiency. An alternative is tabata training, which consists in performing a specific activity (squats are the ideal solution) in 7 intervals in the system of 20 seconds of work + 10 seconds of break. The advantage of both types of training is that they do not take too much time and are extremely effective for overworked losing weight. Note - people with low capacity and overweight should start with a few months of starting up, i.e. a classic jog.
- do any sport - whatever. It can be badminton, football with children, swimming pool. Choose according to your preferences, but remember that you should grow it often and regularly - preferably 2-3 times a week. Every week!
- remember that regular sit-ups will not give you a beautiful belly, but only a sore back. Centimeters in circumference will only start to drop if you stick to diet and sports consistently.
Losing weight for busy people - step three
Losing weight for busy people should pay more attention to health. Take this hour to see your doctor for referrals for general examinations - check your heart, lungs, thyroid, and other vital organs. Ask to measure your blood sugar and pressure. If you are seriously overweight, please check with your dietitian or GP for any changes in your diet and activity. Supplement with valuable items, deficiencies of which are common, such as:
- omega-3 fatty acids,
- vitamins C and D3.
You can also consider buying supplements intended for people who usually sleep shortly and fall asleep heavily. Healthy sleep is extremely important for well-being (and thus motivation to change), health and proper metabolism - studies have shown that people who are sleepy are more likely to become obese.
As you can see, losing weight does not have to be a hard task for busy people. Difficult challenges and important decisions are your daily work - consistency, motivation and reliable knowledge count the most in a healthy lifestyle.