Closing of the year with a flat-rate fee - what obligations?
Every entrepreneur running a business is obliged to close the tax year. This obligation also applies to taxpayers who pay a lump sum on recorded revenues. Due to the large number of simplifications for lump sums, they have much less obligations. Below we indicate what activities should be performed to properly close the year for the lump sum.
Closing of the year with a lump sum - first steps
In connection with the end of the tax year, persons settling in the form of a lump sum on recorded revenues close the records. Closing the year with a flat-rate person is associated with specific obligations, which include:
- checking the compliance of the list of fixed assets and intangible assets with the company's condition, clarification of any irregularities,
- determining whether all income documents are included in the sales records and whether each entry is confirmed with a correct accounting document,
- establishing the compliance of the value of ZUS contributions charged by the entrepreneur with the values that should be collected.
From 2019, the obligation to draw up a physical inventory and keep an employee income card does not apply to taxpayers paying a registered lump sum. Additionally, they are not obliged to keep equipment records, so they do not have to check the compliance of equipment records with the actual state at the end of the year and explain any irregularities.
In the case of a lump-sum taxpayer, the advance payment for income tax for the month of December or the fourth quarter is settled directly in the annual tax return, because the payment of the advance payment takes place at the same time as the date of payment and submission of the annual tax return. Thus, the settlement of the last advance payment takes place directly in the tax return.
Due to the end of the year, lump sums are required to submit an annual tax return on the PIT-28 form by the end of February of the year following the year to which the tax return relates.
Start a free 30-day trial period with no strings attached!
Closing of the year with a flat-rate fee and employees
If the entrepreneur employed employees on the basis of an employment contract, contract of employment, contract of mandate or contract for specific work, he should submit to the tax office such declarations as:
- PIT-4R and / or PIT-8AR (until January 31 of the following year to the competent tax office for the taxpayer - employer),
- until January 31 of the following year to the tax office competent for the employee,
- by the end of February of the following year, the declaration should also be submitted to the employee.
Another obligation resulting from the end of the fiscal year is to submit the information to ZUS IWA. However, this is not the responsibility of all entrepreneurs. It applies to people who:
- were reported to ZUS as contribution payers and paid accident insurance contributions continuously from January 1 to December 31 and for at least one day of January of the following year,
- in the year to which ZUS IWA relates, reported at least 10 insured persons for accident insurance per month,
- as of December 31, they are entered in the register of national economy entities, hereinafter referred to as the "REGON register".
If the contribution payer does not meet at least one of these conditions, he will not send ZUS IWA information for the previous tax year to ZUS.
Closing of the year with a lump sum in the wfirma.pl system
Closing of the year with a lump sum - entrepreneur's declaration
The wfirma.pl system allows for independent settlements of a company that settles with a lump sum in a simple and convenient way. At the end of the year, the flat-rate fee can be settled by means of the PIT-28 form based on the data added in the system. In order to generate PIT-28, go to the tab: START »TAXES» ANNUAL DECLARATIONS »ADD DECLARATION» Annual flat-rate income tax declaration (PIT 28).
In the window for adding the PIT 28 declaration, there is a summary of the revenues earned broken down into individual lump sum rates - they can be manually modified after selecting the EDIT REVENUE VALUE option.
The annual declaration is supplemented on the basis of data entered into the system (tax advances, settlements of advances, ZUS contributions, settlements of ZUS contributions). Before generating the annual declaration, the user has the option of verifying them and, if necessary, correcting them.
At the above stage, it is possible to add a PIT / O appendix regarding tax reliefs or it can be done in the annual tax return.
Closing of the year with a flat-rate fee - employee declarations
Employee declarations are easily settled in the wFirma.pl system thanks to the "HR, payroll and insurance" package. Therefore, to generate a PIT-4R or PIT-8R declaration, go to the START tab »TAXES» ANNUAL DECLARATIONS »ADD DECLARATION» PIT 4R / PIT 8AR. The data is taken from the personnel records kept.
The PIT-11 form can be generated by means of PERSONNEL »DECLARATIONS» ADD DECLARATION »PIT-11.
Sending the PIT-4R, PIT-8AR and PIT-11 declarations is done by selecting it and using the SEND / EXPORT »SEND TO US.